And we're all back in school. The summer DID fly by, as it tends to do, but we're all officially and happily installed back into our "early-to-bed..." routine which feels great.
(except for me, obviously. midnight isn't terribly early)
(except for me, obviously. midnight isn't terribly early)
My five kids are attending five different schools this year.
Yeah....good luck to us.
Bret ventured into the land of lockers and gym clothes at the middle school, Tate's joining 20 or so of his fellow smarty-pants kids in a G/T magnet class at a different school, Whitney is my buddy out in Kimberly, and Abby's living it up in Kindergarten locally. Kyle starts preschool next week and has no idea, really. I hope he's alright going along with that plan.
Bret ventured into the land of lockers and gym clothes at the middle school, Tate's joining 20 or so of his fellow smarty-pants kids in a G/T magnet class at a different school, Whitney is my buddy out in Kimberly, and Abby's living it up in Kindergarten locally. Kyle starts preschool next week and has no idea, really. I hope he's alright going along with that plan.
Whitney had a birthday!
The great number EIGHT, and was glad to finally get that coveted oreo cake and use the letter candles she picked out several months ago.
We celebrated her big day and the official end of the summer with a big screen movie on the back of the house under the stars with a bunch of friends.
After her pyro-brother almost burned the house down trying to fill and light the tiki torches, we enjoyed the movie, the company, the popcorn, the great weather and the chaos.
Summer, we'll see ya in another 9 months.
We've got some fact families to catch up on.
It's good to be Mrs. Burch again. I'm teaching K-5 Music and Computers full-time in Kimberly this year. This kind of came up out of nowhere, but I'm really excited to be there, and love it. We really feel like (while a significant sacrifice in many ways) it is a huge blessing, and is working out how it's supposed to be.
Gotta love faith.
Gotta love faith.

My classrooms have been fun decorating projects. The computer lab is decked out in giant keyboards and CDs hanging from the ceiling.
I went with polka-dots in there. Why? Well, pretty much because I had NOTHING two days before school started and then found some circular placemats and they seemed to help de-drab the orange burlap-ish wall that I had to work with in the front of the room.

My theme suddenly morphed into
"D.O.T.S - Discovering Our Technological Surroundings."
"D.O.T.S - Discovering Our Technological Surroundings."
Love it. I've got dots candy, dot numbers on the computers, dot stickers for management, "dots of rules," and "dots of fun things" planned. It ended up working out to be really fun!

I share the music room with another teacher and it's {AH!} way fun. I get to be Mr. Rowader! More on that later. I'm so tired. After I lost Tate this afternoon and got in a car accident on the way home !?!?! (all is well, not serious - except for the bashing in of the other lady's car that I did with my front bumper when I tried to change lanes while she was hanging out in my blind spot) then with soccer practice and "missing school supplies" shopping, when we finally got home at 8 I realized we should have started sooner.
p.s. Guess how many out of 150-ish kids that came through my class today thought that a MONITOR was actually a COMPUTER.
About 149.


8 comments:
so cute! i bet you're awesome! good luck with the shuffling of kids! :)
I'm not sure how you are doing it all. I would be in the fetal possition mumbling nonsence! I'm inspired by your ability to juggle so much. Your room is darling and I wish my boys could have you here at Perrine. -lucky Kimberly kids! So sorry about the accident. What a great way to start school. I have a story that parallels yours...I'll tell you sometime! Until then!
As always I am in complete awe of how much you get done in a single day. You are like the energizer bunny! And your classroom looks great. I know you'll have a great year.
I know it will be a lot of work and sacrifice for all of you, but knowing you and your amazing family; you'll be great! It looks like you're going to be the funnest teacher in the school! Have a good school year!
Love & miss you all!
"dots of fun things" hahahahahaH! You will be the perfect teacher!
You are so CREATIVE! I bet you are going to be a fabulous teacher!
I sure missed you on my workouts these past few days...
I think you should plan a trip to come run with me:)
Whoa! You always amaze me. If anyone can juggle it all, it's you. I love your dots theme. So cute. Wish Liberty was a little more "cute"! And I'm sorry to hear about your afternoon. Losing Tate, car crash, school supplies, soccer. Ahhhh! Makes me want to pull my hair out for you!
So... thats why I haven't seen you picking up your little one from Pre-school, apparently Lucy and Kyle are Pre-School buds.
Good luck with your new venture. It makes me miss my teaching days!
katy
Post a Comment