Pretty much the only difference between this year's Thanksgiving weekend and last year's was...
about 10 degrees.
Everything else was practically identical.
It started the same way:
Trottin' with the other frozen turkeys
at CSI with my girls and my husband to cheer me on.
We came home and
1. played games
2. took a nap while my oldest made pies by himself
(good job Bret!)
3. tried new recipes
4. and relied on some old ones
We then gathered around our beautiful trusty table
(decorated by my chicas with hand-made nametags)
to give thanks and share our meal.
We ate too much and then watched The Polar Express together.
(and btw, it's been a while since I saw that and I agree Abby - - it is a little creepy).
We've been eating pie for breakfast for two days now.
What a great weekend.
We have much, indeed, to be thankful for.
3 comments:
Impressive pie Bret. Seriously ... that is talented. I'm lucky to get my top crust big enough to cover the whole pie. I'm thankful for Bret too.
please please tell me the crust was store bought. Bret is making women all over the world look bad...and I am one of them. You have taught the boy well Kerrinne! Does he cater???
yeah, i was in a nice heated gym - 23 degrees, you are crazy! But good job! So your rolls...look like bums or cleavage...your choice. ;)
Post a Comment