Sunday, February 14, 2010

the {heart} day post...

Yes... I made these too.
You may have seen them smattered among the craft blogs.
I actually don't care a terribly lot for Valentine's Day, but this year, I do give myself credit for (1) seeing this idea online, (2) not forgetting about it, (3) realizing I could replicate it quite easily, and (4) actually following through on the thought to do it.
Whew!
All of that seems like more effort than it took to actually make them.

In other news, my Douglas and I did go out to dinner before we went on our weekly grocery shopping date, if that counts. And, how romantic - we had Chinese Food at a local (packed!!) restaurant, and whilst waiting for our lo mein, read the placemat together and learned that in the Chinese Zodiac, he's a tiger, I'm a horse and we're a perfect match. How quaint. We waited all this time to have the Chinese reaffirm what we've known all this time.

So with that... from our home of ever-increasing tooth decay to yours,
Happy Valentine's Day.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
{As an aside...you'll notice that the face of one of my dearests is missing from this display. You may have already guessed, in your wisdom, that the missing valentine comes from the one who is...uh, just WAY too cool to make valentines, let alone one with his picture on it. That DOES NOT, however, prevent him from receiving them. A'hem. Apparently our cool dude has an admirer willing to donate to our tooth-decay stash. He shared. Thank you admirer, thank you.}

5 comments:

Katy said...

ooh... we got this in the Kyle edition. We LOVED it. cute idea- well done- I tried to skp V-day this year... oops... somehow we still ended up with gobs of candy- that I love and hate that I love- and not for tooth decay reasons.

Jordan & Rhonda said...

Those Valentines are so stinkin' cute!!

Susan Young said...

I'm all about tooth decay... as you already know :). Love the idea. They are truly adorable. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kerrianne, this is Brett Taylor. Are you sure the Chinese Zodiac said you were a horse and not the offspring of a horse and a donkey?

Audrey said...

Those are soooo adorable! You're way to ambitious, where do you find the time?!