Friday, October 22, 2010

'ode to Friday...

Began the day at K.E.S.
In second grade I did my best
to substitute from eight till three...
I miss those kids so much, you see.

We went to Sonic after school,
that Happy Hour just makes me drool.
For cones and cokes and slushes blue
we really love that fast drive-thru.

At home...piano, vacuum, quick!
A photo session's next.  No trick.
Order pizza, find the phone,
who's is this melted ice cream cone?

And then the shuttling to and fro
of children ever on the go
At least two hours passes fast
it seems I'm running out of gas.

And lo! A second wind is found.
Just as the call of yogurt sounds.
With eldest child, we talk and mop.
Someone has to close that shop.

Whilst driving home we gab some more
I'm ready to crash on the living room floor.
A day of laughter, love and fun. 
It needed a rhyme, so I wrote one.  Done.

4 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Hilarious!

The Schultz Family said...

you make me giggle.

~j. said...

Writing rhymes is really hard.

Can't wait for your Christmas card.

Susan Young said...

You make a busy day sound so nice. Can I come live at your house?