I'll use this term loosely, but we "built" some gingerbread houses last night. Boys vs. Girls. 

Of course, us girls were the clear winners at first, since Doug the homebuilder's creation wouldn't stay up. The roof kept falling down and then the wall caved in. Sadly, though...our house fell too, before we were finished.
Like any responsible adults, we read the diretions AFTER we were done and realized we were supposed to let them sit before applying the candied embellishments. Oops.. Now, ironically, Doug and the boy's house stands, and ours is a disaster.
Regardless, it was a nice festive lil' activity. The boys were on a sugar high until about 10:30 pm. I guess we should have started sooner. Merry Christmas!
Like any responsible adults, we read the diretions AFTER we were done and realized we were supposed to let them sit before applying the candied embellishments. Oops.. Now, ironically, Doug and the boy's house stands, and ours is a disaster.
Regardless, it was a nice festive lil' activity. The boys were on a sugar high until about 10:30 pm. I guess we should have started sooner. Merry Christmas!


1 comment:
too funny. Looks like lots of fun. I have never built a gingerbread house before. Kevin says we will do one this year, but i don't even know where to begin. Do you just buy them?
Post a Comment