Saturday, May 03, 2008

How 'bout some Whiskey with yer' 10K?

So... this morning as part of the
Whiskey Row Marathon
I ran the 10K with Denise, Marlene and close to six hundred others.


Funny that Denise and I met this girl Marlene at the Sedona Marathon, and bumped into her AGAIN just before starting THIS race.


Now - Prescott is, as you know... like 5400 feet up, and let me tell ya - - my knees and I are willing to testify to the rolling nature of that 5400.


Having only done the 5K'ers in the past, I was the slightest bit (or, in other words... A LOT) nervous about delving into the 10K bracket, but...I figured if I was going to turn THIRTY tomorrow, I had better go out with a bang, right?

Surprisingly, I actually QUITE enjoyed the run, (even though I missed my running buddy who is currently with child - bless you) and I'd like to thank Davids Cook and Archuleta who serenaded me via the Shuffle along the way.


After a Schnazzy ward service project at a local park, and doing our part in "Team up To Clean up PV," Doug treated me to an afternoon to myself for a pedicure and haircut, then to an enjoyable pre-birthday dinner and tickets to the Sundogs finals game.
We got home with a couple of hours to spare for me to complete and turn in an online assignment, and plan my sharing time for 8:00 am church tomorrow. What a birthday it will be getting my five children dressed, fed and reverent before that hour.
Happy (crossing over to the grown-up side)Birthday to me!
(in less than 2 hours, anyway!)

6 comments:

Grace said...

Way to go Kerr!! I am incredibly impressed with your physical exercise regime - 10K is hard work. And I must say that I love being 30. Now I don't get as many weird looks when people see me with 4 kids in tow and they ask me how old I am. Being able to say I'm in my 30's is alot better than being in my 20's. Happy Birthday, I love you, and I know the 30's will be your best decade yet!!
Love ya!

Lisa said...

You give 30 a GOOD name!!! And I want you to keep this in mind in 10 years.....40 is the NEW 20!!! Or so I'm told. ;)
Love ya Sistah!! Many, many more!!

Amy said...

Do I hear a full marathon coming next? You can run St. George with Duane and I'll be there to cheer you on at the finish line!
Happy Birthday!

Shana said...

You are sooooooo awesome!! When I grow up, I want to be just like you...even though I am actually two years old than your old 30 self!! LOL

Happy Birthday!!!!!!! And, girl, your pics are just getting better and better!!

S-

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!

TheShumWAYS said...

Glad you did it and that you loved it. Wish I were there, maybe next year right!