We spent the morning getting acquainted with our new surroundings.
It was freezing.
Doug made fun of my gloves and ski jacket.
I suggested we do the whole thing later in the day when we could still feel our fingers to take pictures, but I was out-voted. My gaggle was too excited.
The Shoshone Falls are beautiful. We can't wait to go back and see them in the spring when they're bigger. The park was all but deserted. I can't imagine why. I guess everyone else agreed with their spouse that the afternoon would have been warmer.

We also visited the Twin Falls.
That park is beautiful too, imagine this: we had it all to ourselves.
Did I mention it was cold?
That park is beautiful too, imagine this: we had it all to ourselves.
Did I mention it was cold?

While uploading these pictures, I found the ones I took on our last night in PV.
It got pretty echo-y in the house. (Sniff.)
It got pretty echo-y in the house. (Sniff.)
And, this is how we all cozily slept that last night before we woke them up at 4:30 am and loaded them into the frozen vehicles and headed out in our U-Haul entourage.
Since having semi-adapted to the weather here (the children, that is) the kids have found much with which to entertain themselves.On our second day here, after emerging from Kyle's room after putting him down for his nap, it was silent in the house. I looked everywhere for signs of my other children, only to find them doing this in the backyard. All of their own choosing...
I've been spastically trying to make various rooms livable, while attempting to catch up with some editng I'm very behind on (thanks for being patient..if you're one of the ones waiting), and trying to avoid going to the store more than once a day for things I keep discovering I need.
And oh...did I mention, it's COLD here?
It's COLD here.All the more cuddling and bundling up fun to be had by all...I guess.


9 comments:
After all those years in Sunny AZ & So. CAlL (w/ the exception of your BYU years) it's bound to be an adjustment! COLD!!! We're finding it's going to be even colder here than it was just 2 hours south of here last winter! What with that huge Lake Erie to give us great Lake Effect snow and ice storms!
It certainly is beautiful there in Idaho!
We moved to Boise in October and quickly discovered that we didn't have clothes nearly warm enough for the climate. I have NEVER been colder than I was that winter in Idaho. We're adapting, but I'm still surprised how cold I get, even here. Good luck, and stay warm...bundle up in layers. lol
It is beautiful though despite the cold! The water falls are beautiful, how far from your house?
the falls are about 10 minutes away... An easy FLAT bike ride too ;-)
When things get settled down, drop a line. I am still trying to figure out how I could visit this summer-ofcoarse when it is warmer. How was your first Sunday there? Have they given you three callings yet-if not, its just because they don't know you yet...maybe you want it to be a secret...I mean your super powers...What did Shana and I always say??? making bread at four am...
ah, come on now...you lived in UT. It's not worse then there. :) I hope you had a good time Saturday night, though the kids were going everywhere! :) We will totally have to get together soon.
Looks pretty balmy up there. You'll definately have more of a Christmas feel there than we'll have here. Two words to be careful of in the winter time there that we don't normally see here....Black Ice. Beautiful scenery around there. I'm sure Spring, Summer and Fall will be awesome up there.....um, not that Winter won't be...uh...awesome, in it's own way. Be safe!
it's beautiful there! we miss you guys!
Hey Girl, I am so glad your so organized and always posting as I am not! It looks beautiful there even with the COLD. I sure do miss you all! So weird to see the house empty I bet you miss it. Talk soon Love Krista
Post a Comment