Thursday, November 27, 2008

T-day Twin 2008

Our Twin Falls Thanksgiving 2008...

began dark and early with a Turkey Trot.

You know that frozen bird you maneauvered with your brut strength into the sink a few days ago?
That's kind of what it felt like.

I DID prepare well though, and had to shed a layer or two mid-way

to some adoring (frozen) fans.


Dilemma:
My last race: 110°. This one: 33°
How about something in the middle for the next one?


Since it was so balmy when we got home, we busted out the baseball stuff and a frisbee or two.

There's no sense wasting all this great weather on stuff you have to do inside.

After we kept dropping the ball on account of having no feeling in our extremities, we came in, thawed out, and found other (warmer) bonding activities.




Our youngest, feeling under the weather (upholding an Extended-Burch Family Tradition),

stayed in bed most of the day, but kept his spirits up and found energy sufficient to destroy our half-completed puzzles and meticulously-arranged Lincoln Log compounds.

We got around to eating eventually...
We missed those of our "regular group" who have joined us at this same table for the past few years, but found a sweet bonding comfort together, despite being sans guests this year.
It warmed up with the grand entry of the sun, so we decided to head out for a joyous family adventure in attempting (again) to take a family picture without a photographer.


(yeah, it never really is joyous...)
But what am I thankful for? A husband who tolerates it, and does his best to pretend he's not irritated, and then still buys everyone ice cream when it's over.
We managed a handful of good ones, but there were definitely plenty of
out-takes.

It was ffffffreeezing.
We consumed way too much pie upon returning home, while watching "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" and feeling the residual effects of the tryptophan...
And so...we're off to bed now, after a fulfilling (in so many ways...) day.

AND lastly...to the {almost entire can of} cranberry sauce that will sit in tupperware in the fridge for the next 9 days before it slithers down the disposal, we'll see your pretty face next year!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Kerri-
I sure miss you guys! I love your blog. I am loving see all your great playing moments and bonding going on. I knew it would be so great to be just the 6 of you for a while. Enjoy - you'll get busy fast enough. Love you all Sandy

Annie Taylor said...

You had a very eventful Thanksgiving. I thought about you guys. Thanks for the text the other day.

Scott said...

It looks so brisk there! Reminds me a bit of Colorado this time of year. I understand that if we take a trip up there that we really should take a detour and visit Needles....I mean really, isn't that a 'must see' town? I know that if WE were anywhere in the vicinity of Needles on the way to Twin Falls I would absolutely go out of my way, way out of my way, to see it! You all look great. Stay warm.

Jackie B. said...

sorry we didn't get together this past weekend. It was a little crazy with family staying with us. Then Kevin was sick on Sunday. Now i am going to the Dr today (ear inf.). ugh! We totally need to get together. What are you doing this Sunday?

Anonymous said...

You guys crack me. Great captions and pics. Great times with a great family.