Thursday, December 28, 2006

Curiosity + Abby = Band Aid brand bandage.

This morning, while I was on the phone, and as Abby tinkered around in my bathroomm, despite being within what you would assume was the responsible view of her mother, she ended up in the bathtub with hair gel and a razor. The gel was smothered on her cheeks, and by the time I caught it, the razor was pressed diligently upon her upper lip. I gasped, she dropped the razor, and slowly, emerging through the lather came the blood. This genuinely freaked out said 3 year-old causing intense wailing at the sight of her own blood on the washcloth I used to soak it all up. When the dust settled, and she allowed me to apply a handy Band Aid to her mouth, she promptly fell asleep to the lull of "c'mon vamanos, everyone let's go. C'mon let's get to it, I know that we can do it! Where are we goin? The big blue hill. Where are we goin..." You get the drift. At any rate, I suppose the streak of curiosity will only get worse now that she's three, rather than dwindle, as I had hoped.

In my opinion, she looks like some toddler maffia member with an interesting mustache concoction. It suits her personality as well, as it turns out.

4 comments:

Jackie B. said...

Poor thing. Glad she is OK. So where is that quote from? Since i have no kids, i'm not in that world yet.

Mrs. Burch said...

ahhhh well...the first time you meet Dora the Explorer, you'll become more acquinted with that phrase, and then you'll proceed to never forget it, as long as you live.

~j. said...

Yiiiiikes...back in the days of 378 North, Em grabbed a razor and held it like a sucker. And it cut her tongue so badly...yuck. Poor Abby.

ps - even now, when they clap ("Where are we going? *clap-clap-clap*..."), it confuses me.

Mrs. Burch said...

what disturbs me, from time to time, is why that mochila finds everything so seeminlgy,ummmmm... inedible, so deliciosa.