Sunday, December 24, 2006

The GOOD, the BAD, and the URGHHHHHH!

The Bad News is that it's been 10 days since I posted to my blog. The Good News is that I'm still here, vertical, and functioning, having not had a nervous breakdown in the past 10 days.
Merry Christmas Eve to all.
I will post pictures of the goings on from the past 10 days at some point when I
1.) can see the floor in my closet
2.) have removed the "santa's elf" nametag
3.) when I'm good and ready to



Also, a question: Has anyone ever followed through on the threat to not give their disobedient, ungrateful children ANYTHING for Christmas? Cuz, in the course of my writing this blog, I've had reason to consider doing just that, since my 2 daughters just lied to my face about eating chocolate in their beds that Abby (the hell-raiser) snuck down there with, when they were supposed to be sleeping so Santa could come, bla bla bla. I'm starting to think the whole idea is not worth the emotional turmoil it stirs up in my head. How 'bout Santa comes and raises the children?

3 comments:

Jackie B. said...

I'm glad you survived. I hope Doug & Kyle are feeling better. Thanks so much for sending all those pictures. I enjoy looking at them.

~j. said...

Things I have followed through with:

~throwing candy out the window on a cross-country road trip

~staying home with the offender while the rest of the family went out on a special ice cream date

~cleaning out everything (EV RY THING) from their playroom and making them earn things back, one by one

~j. said...

I got the playroom idea from my friend Rebecca.