Well, I returned in one piece from the big apple weekend with my sisters!
What a RIOT that was! I highly recommend it (but only if you have someone like Mary,
who can navigate the subways and busses like she did with such class).
It was great fun, and despite the 'almost getting run over by the taxis in Times Square'
and the
'sitting with people we didn't know at dinner in Chinatown'
(not to mention getting into that squabble while bargaining with the chinese-pajama-selling lady) it was JUST GREAT!

I realized (when I kept making comments like, "oh, they filmed part of 'the Race' here," and "on 'The Apprentice' they did this here," and "This is where they find the drug-dealers on 'Law and Order' ") that I watch WAY too much TV.
And on that note, however, just where WOULD they film any TV shows if there were no New York City?
I was concerned at first about 'looking like a tourist', but then quickly realized that HALF of the people there are tourists, and the locals are probably used to them by now.
What's funny is, we must not have looked THAT much like tourists, since the tourists kept asking us where stuff was. That cracked me up. Once, someone asked ME where Washington Square Park was, and since we had just left it like 5 minutes prior, I told her exactly where it was, and how to get there.
THAT was rather empowering. It wasn't but about 10 minutes after that, that we almost got run over in the street in Soho by a bus, while we tried to run across to catch it. No one asked me where to go after that.
I can't imagine WHAT location could top NYC in regards to the next sister's weekend, but I'm sure we'll manage to scrounge up something. Thanks you guys!


4 comments:
Yay! I'm so excited that you got to do that! Will this be an annual trip for you girls now?
I understand what you mean about too much tv -- someone asked me (in an email) what my favorite day was, and I replied, "Well, Thursday night has some really good shows on..."
Speaking of really good shows: Dave & Mary. *sigh*
And...how come no one ever points out that Times Square is a triangle? That's the first thing I noticed.
I'm so glad you got to go on that trip!
It looks like you guys had a blast! What a fun way to bond with your sisters, too! I bet you guys made some wonderful memories. NYC is definitely on my list of places to visit.
I want to be your sister! It sounds like you had a great time! I've always wanted to go to NY....someday...
What a fun trip!! So glad you had such a good time!!
Post a Comment