Thursday, November 01, 2007

Thank you, November.

I love the first day of November.
I'm not sayin' why, I just do. But it might have something to do with Halloween being my least favorite of all the holidays. However...
I'm with my sister, where do I get off being a grouch, when clearly the kids enjoy it so immensely? I was inspired (although too late) by Mary's thoughts, and so maybe next year, I'll try and perk up a bit.

We did have a great night though. We went IN COSTUME to the store to buy what was left of the candy for sale and then went IN COSTUME to Garcia's to enjoy free kids meals prior to getting to the church for the sainted Trunk-Or-Treat.
We were home by 7:45 and fighting over candy by 8:00 sharp.
This morning, they decided to dump it into a large pile and divide it up. How very pioneer-like of them. Kyle came out of the kitchen this morning with three suckers in hopes it would replace his cereal bar for breakfast. Uh. No.
Bring on the gnashing (and decaying) of teeth.

5 comments:

Erin said...

You and Mary both remind me of Mom on Halloween when she used to stay home with the lights off and send us by ourselves to walk down to the Center street building for the Halloween party and told us to do our trick or treating on the way there and back...

Mrs. Burch said...

ok. yes. More than 100% correct. BUT - In my defense - - just wait until you have five kids who ask you in JULY if they can buy their costumes on eBay that they've already bookmarked for you, and make you a list of $38.10 worth of decorations for the trunk that they found in Wal-Mart ads from the newspaper, and not to mention the piano lessons and the cupcakes and the pumpkin seeds stuck to the kitchen floor and.... Oh SNAP, Gotta Go, Kyle's writing on the coffee table with a soggy tootsie roll.

Unknown said...

I would have never guessed you were Halloween grumpy :). You guys always dress up so cute and look like you are having a blast. Truthfully I love dressin them up but dread the week after with the constant pleas for candy candy candy!

Kate said...

Such cute costumes!

I cannot even begin to fathom how overwhelming Halloween is with five children.

AAAAGHHH!

Rebecca said...

Random comment: How do you make your blog title so cute? You obviously have some experience! Also, do you have any blog info to Blaine Burch and wife?

Anyway, it's fun to see what your cute fam is doing!