My kids were coming and going, and I needed some alone time, so I went by myself to launch my balloons for Stephanie and Christian Nielson, as part of a nation-wide celebration of hope.
I chose orange for Christian, Green for Stephanie and white for Doug Kinneard. I had a few minutes to sit alone and think, pray and cry a little. I felt an immense amount of love, for all of them, and my Heavenly Father.
I waited until the appointed time, so I could join in the collective celebration, and then upon the stroke of 5:00, I couldn't let them go. I struggled for what seemed like another minute, and then released them, offering up my hope and love.
Appropriately, as you will see, Christian and Steph's balloons (not tied together) remained together, until I couldn't see them anymore.This, of coure, caused more tears... and in me a peace that I can't describe. My thoughts trailed to my family also, my father, my faith, and my new conviction to be better.

This is the last picture I took of them, (which was zoomed in on significantly, so you can assume they're very high) just before the ensuing storm clouds silently enfolded them all. This - a tender sign to me that an all-knowing Father has and will continue to enfold them with His love.


2 comments:
chills.
Oh my! I guess I better read posts better! I had quickly tried to catch up on your blog and totally construed that your daughter had been killed right before her recent birthday! I figured the balloons were for her and she was "in heaven" on her birthday. I kept reading and finally realized I was amiss in my processing! Yikes! As always, your photography is amazing!
Post a Comment