Tuesday, May 26, 2009

cleaning house...

So sorry, little bloggy blog.
You've been severely neglected. You see, we've just kind of been preoccupied.
you know.....like:

hanging around:
(and wondering what it would take to finagle one of these at home.)

growing older:

(That's eleven candles in that cinnamon twist cake modification, if you weren't counting. And eleven days out of 12 that he's cried about SOMETHING. No joke. That one book was right. Eleven is the crying year for boys.)

gettin' some air:
(and gettin' registered for Kingergarten. Praise be.)
making cheesy faces:
(and with his Little Einstein's action figures in tow, still running the place, happily.)

attending the weddings of those I once babysat for:
(and feeling somewhat seasoned in age in the process.)

hanging with some of my sisterly folk and mom in Sunny CA:
(and consuming one (or two) too many In-N-Out burgers during said trip. Although I did RUN to the grocery store for my soy milk and yogurt. Carried them on my back, uphill, home. So there. And, missed you terribly Erin and Bobbie. Please come next time, soon.)
mastering the two-wheeler.
(with no help from me, mind you. Kudos to Heather for having a reservoir of patience stored up.)
learning some of the consequences of our actions:
(this MAY or MAY NOT have been one of the 11 times out of 12 that said eleven-year-old uttered a whimper or two leading to tears. I guess it's tough being so old.)

riding our bikes through the sprinklers:
(in bare feet and sopping wet denim shorts with pigtails from her own arranging. This amongst the neighbors with a doll strapped to her bike, asking for a picture. By far, she's my best multi-tasker)

caring for (?) our pets:

(K, if these rabbits survive the summer, I will be MOST grateful. Like those fateful snakes of our former PV backyard, they're possibly wishing they went to another family. Funny that that post was Memorial Day also.)

requesting random photo shoots:
(with Abby's random friends who come over to play, and then get mixed up in changing outfits a million times, all so they can pose for pictures together. I know, I know...I started it.)

planting a "garden"
(in the only space provided us in our rental property for such. We're hoping for a tomato BUSH or three.)

playing Capture the Flag & Kickball with Brian and Bobbie:

(who really are the envy of any party, I should mention. We were lucky to have them over Memorial Day weekend for as long as we did. They're like...THE MOST FUN ever. For reals.)

while the sun goes down:
(and we sit around talking about whoknowswhat while Kyle carries the rabbits around upside down)

finding cute people to photograph:
(and here's just two of em')

planning trips to Utah, Arizona & California.
(can't wait to see all of you, btw.)

swimming. biking. running. getting attacked by my bike.
All in preparation for THIS in 4 days.

Lest you think my DH is missing. Never fear. He's living it up selling those staples everyday, and currently is chilling with twenty some-odd of his men-folk riding go-karts and having a grand time.

More later... hopefully of the "sooner" variety.
Summer in this town might just be way too tempting.

5 comments:

Head Over Hills said...

You have been busy. I love reading about your family. You guys always make me smile. Especially the Cozy Coup incident. I needed a good chuckle tonight. Oh and good luck with the tomatoes. I've already killed the two we planted. Let me know if you have any tips!

Jackie B. said...

wow! i lead a VERY boring life compared to yours. LOL. Looks like you are having a great time! Good Luck with the race!! I know you'll do fantastic!

So have you thought about looking for a house of your own? when's your lease up?

Jenni Russell said...

You better let me know when u are coming to AZ so I can come down and see you!!! I love the look on Doug"s face where the kiddos are Velcroed to the wall. Miss you guys tons!!! I love hearing from you!

keep klein-man said...

you clean your owie? Great pics. Tell me the dates again when you are coming? RuthAnne has that appartment.

Grace said...

I'm glad you mentioned that 11 is the crying year for boys. I was beginning to wonder if there was something wrong with Tyson. Is this like PMS for girls, but the boy version? I am definately not ready for this!!