So, we had the sister missionaries over for dinner tonight, both from Utah, and both with vast Cafe Rio/Costa Vita (is that what it's called now?) experience. So, I took it upon myself to declare it Cafe Rio night. I couldn't believe how much this tasted EXACTLY like the real deal.
It was as if I were freezing my touche off in Provo again, standing in line there, waiting for 2 hours to order and eat this, and then go to a movie for $1 at Movies 8 with the rest of the BYU, but then again, NOTHING like that, yet it still tasted like it! SO LONG "driving 2 hours to Mesa salivating the whole way," I can make it in the comfort of my own kitchen now.
What a perfectly lovely ending to an otherwise frumpy-in-nature day.
BTW, Thanks, Lisa, for saving my hind end and doing a bit of shopping for me, while I was putting out fires of various natures on the left, right, and in between left and right. K. you're just great. And yeah - great minds think alike, as always.


3 comments:
Holy jumping beans, that looks YUMMMMMY!!!! I need to get my reservation for "Casa de Burch"
(wink)
Kerri,
The salad looks delicious, what is your recipe? We love Costa Vita, the sweet pork salad is my favorite. We have one right across the street from where I work at Val Vista and Baseline as well as a new California Pizza Kitchen (also very yummy). The pictures of the kids a few posts down are really cute.
MeKell
One of these days, I'll post the recipe, that I got from Jamie T. I would send a link to it, but her blog is invite only. I'm still having taste bud memories of the whole thing.
Post a Comment