Friday, March 13, 2009

On such a Winter's day...I return.

I'm considerably ready for spring. That's why I went swimming after the spinning this morning, to try and subconsciously convince my psyche it was on its way. We did SPRING forward and all, so you'd think we could shed the jackets...

At any rate, we're loving the closeness of our neighboring southern state. It's a pleasant 3-hour jaunt to Cafe Rio now, oh! I mean to Utah, and so we've wisely taken advantage.



A couple of weekends ago (before I disappeared) we headed down for a baptism and some reconnecting opportunities with friends.

Some of you Arizonans may recognize the cuteness of some of these former PV faces.
Former Redlands Peeps  will remember Miss Megen, (Elder) Jake Westwood and their gaggle of girly girls.  
The rest of you who don't recognize anyone...well, book a session and I'll put your pretty face(s) on here so you recognize someone.








On our way home, when it seemed as if even the three hours was a little more than my patience could endure, our Idaho skyline provided this gorgeous offering to compensate.


Upon returning home, KaChow! a Birthday Celebration for our littlest person.

Some friends at a local Humble Little Home offered it up for dinner. So I, of course suggested I'd bring a candle-topped dessert, and "is it okay if Kyle opens a present or two while we're there?" It was a great impromptu party.



Megan can throw down a mean grilled meal. I think the falling snow amidst her turning the marinated ribs and chicken provided a nice effect.


And this on the day we did that Springing Forward....?
He spent about 10 minutes attempting to blow out the candles, and after a thorough inspection, immediately enjoyed his gifts.


That boy could live for a week 
in a padded room with four matchbox cars, a Monster's Inc. figurine and a box of Saltine crackers.

We're all soaking up every ounce that embodies Kyle at this moment.
He's our little mascot, it would seem.



I'll try and keep up on some more regular posting action.
I'm severely behind on editing, DVD burning, general home-tidying and the like.  Besides having become addicted to my spin class and trying to beat the grill master at racquetball.  Blogging has taken an obvious back seat.

And!  Next week is Spring Break!
Let's pray for weather to match its descriptor.

5 comments:

julie said...

Kyle is the cutest thing ever. That cake looks amazing. Amen.

Megan said...

Oh, it's so good to see the Astels happy and healthy! Thanks for sharing that!

And you have to deal with daylight savings now??? Ugh. I do not envy you that!

I loved the picture of all the kids gathered around Kyle! So precious!

Megan said...

I feel elevated. It's a whole new world out there now. Such fame, making the blog. I am speechless. However, even your editing can't help the fabulousness of that picture. Have a fab spring break, brush up on your skills, we are taking racquetball to the next level when I return!

Jackie B. said...

Megen's pictures turned out great!! We'll have to schedule you to do our Brown Family photo's when it's a bit nicer & greener outside. :D

We really need to get together! What are you doing Saturday the 21st?

Netty said...

the pic of Amanda looked great! Wow, how much have the Astels' girls grown? You do wonderful work.