I've created two monsters. I'll have to save up for season passes next winter, seeing as how there's not enough season left to justify the purchase this year.

K... he spent the first 40 minutes with ME as his instructor, which was doomed from the start.

After almost relenting to asking him if he wanted to read in the car,
ENTER: off-duty instructor
observing the tears threatening to well up in our collective eyes.
He saved the day and in about 35 seconds successfully taught him to snowplow AND turn.
Go figure. I'll stick to teaching chords and scales.
He was set after that (and smiling!) but will wait for our next trip to try the lift. It was a significant jump in difficulty. They need a few new beginner runs.

Although a natural at it, and surprised even me with his daredevilishness, even Bret did a face-plant or ten on his way down the first time.






10 comments:
thats great that the boys found a love for skiing, I on the other hand haven't been enough times to truly love the sport. Hope you have a great time next year hitting the slopes
Hey you guys looks like you had a FUNNNNNNNN day! I am glad you all enjoyed the day and that it was so beautiful!!!! Grandma Lehnhof
What a great mom, getting out there with the boys. That is going to be a great memory for your boys.
Look at you-you're a sexy snow bunny! I would face plant every time. I'm very graceful.
Just catching up. Holy smokes, I never can get over what an amazing photographer you are. Next time I'm in Idaho, I'm stopping by for a photo shoot, okay? :) Glad you got back into skiing. I'm addicted, too.
What a great day.
Good job guys! We will have to go when we get back to Idaho. We can move on from the snow plow to the cliff jumping!
Maybe I'll give a quick course on how to survive skiing into a tree, after all it is an art.
Looks like you had a blast! I'm jealous of all your snow pictures!
You all look great! Live it up girl!
Ummm...so are you still alive or has the Idaho snow finally won?? I am surprised to see that you have not updated. If it wasnt for Facebook I would be worried. I believe this may be your longest spell between entries. We need our Burch fix!!
Post a Comment