This afternoon, at about five til' five, from the other room, I heard the ironing board screeeech into position, and that oh-so-soft crackling noise that can only come from a warming iron.
It could only mean one thing.
Bret was ironing his pants for another pack meeting.
It could only mean one thing.
Bret was ironing his pants for another pack meeting.
Not just any pack meeting, mind you...
Bret and his buddy Jaiden received their
Arrow of Light Award.
It's the highest award you can receive as a cub scout, and the only emblem from Cubs that you can wear on your uniform as a boy scout, and adult scout leader.
He (along with his devoted parents and leaders) worked long and hard on this one, and of course, we're oh-so proud of him.
He's looking rather grown up in these pictures (to me, anyway) and sometimes when I look at him the right way, I catch a brief glimpse of what is to come for him and us as he grows up. Sniff Sniff...why all the drama with my growing children lately??
Bret wasn't the only one to leave the pack meeting with some loot.
Tate earned a segment or two and is enjoying having his great mom as his Den mother. I love the yellow shirt, and get superbly excited each time there's an opportunity to wear it.
Kyle was less than cooperative throughout the entire ordeal.
Someday when he gets his Arrow of Light, I'll have Bret come dressed in a clown suit and do jumping jacks in the back of the room. That should adequately replicate the distraction.





9 comments:
I am so excited that you are enjoying scouts o much with your boys. I remember those days oh so well! Thanks for all the fun pictures and the comments--you are amazing!!!
Way to go Bret! Wow, they have grown so much since leaving PV. You guys are awesome. And that cake looks SO good.
Yay Brett! You look stunning in your yellow scout shirt. I bet you wear it on non scout days all the time huh?
I love that picture of Kyle.
The fact that they iron their own shirts should earn a few badges right? Congrats an a job well done. I'm sorry I missed it! Dang doctors appointments!
Quite the scouting family. All decked out and ready to go. Congrats to Bret! We are so glad he is our den chief, he is such a great example to the younger boys. We should totally have him lead an ironing den meeting. Do you think he would share his tips with us?
Way to go Bret! That is awesome. If you could, please send a rush delivery of this cake to Scott... Can you have it there before Monday? Your kids sure are growing lots and it's only been a few months. We sure miss you guys. Where's a picture of you in your yellow shirt?
Ah, I see you in your yellow shirt. I missed that picture. You do look great. What a fun calling!
Okay, so I should comment on the scouts and whatnot, but seriously, what kind of jeans are you wearing? With the stitching all cute? Hmm...blame it on the pregnancy, but I am wanting to fit into cute jeans again already!! =)
You look good in Yellow. Good job Mommy.
Post a Comment