Monday, February 26, 2007

dad's day

that's what I like to call it, I guess. A special day, JUST for my dad. A couple of years ago, our family deemed it "Steven Lehnhof Memorial Service Day," which I like too. It's the 12th year anniversary of my father's passing, and our family decided to make it a service day. Today, my family is stocking up supplies to deliver to a local women's shelter. I wish I could be 'home' with my mom to take flowers to his gravesite, but know that isn't always an option. Besides the fact that she's at the bedside of my grandmother who's sick, and worrying about my brother, who's recovering from an accident in Idaho. That's just exactly what Dad would have been doing if he were here, so it's fitting. I am forever grateful for my father's influence on me and others. He is and always will be my one true hero.


3 comments:

Kate said...

Kerri,

I can't believe it's been 12 years. Your dad was a wonderful man, and you guys are a shining reflection of that.

swampbaby said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I love how you remember and honor him.

~j. said...

I love the way you honor him, too. What a wonderful man. I wish I could have known him, and I've been inspired each time I've ever heard a story about him.