Bret and I were to perform a little piano duet yesterday in Sacrament meeting, so we began practicing on Thursday-ish and upon hearing us play, Whitney came in and sang along to her favorite, "I Love to See the Temple." When she discovered we were going to play it during Sacrament meeting, she piped in that she wanted to sing too. I hesitated, thinking she'd be too nervous. How EVER wrong was that line of thinking.
She was supposed to sing on the second time through of us playing, right? So we started to play, and why wasn't I surprised when after only a few bars, she started singing (non-quietly) into the microphone, no doubt drowining out the piano? Bret and I just looked at each other and laughed, as we continued playing. I figured maybe she'd sing the first time through, and on the second verse, she'd stop. Well, no. She sang it AGAIN on the second time through, causing Bret and I to get quite a kick out of the "whitney show" that was taking place. 

I guess maybe she had a hidden agenda all along. When given acces to that microphone, she was going to use it. To her credit, she actually has quite good tone, and sang the whole thing on key. I don't know if I would have stood in front of a congregation the size of ours and sang two verses of a song by myself when I was five. Maybe she'll be an American Idol one day.


1 comment:
Wow, what a girl! I would NEVER ever in my life do that. Not now and not when i was 5. She is a superstar! Oh yes, can't forget to tell you and bret "Good Job" on accompaning Whit. :)
Post a Comment