Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sum-Sum-Summertime of singin'

So, summer started officially for us yesterday, and if it's any indication of what the rest of the summer will be like, my kids will be ready for a broadway production before it's over.

I finally tracked down a DVD copy of my favorite movie growing up, "Newsies" and also caved and bought a copy of "High School Musical" while I was at it.


They stayed up until almost 11:00watching both of them over and over, singing and dancing along like a bunch of drunken thespians.
We enjoyed spying on them, and luckily refrained from snickering out loud.

This, along with the incessant "Kidsongs" sing-along sessions, we're a real musical smorgasboard around here. I'm now on an ebay quest for "Annie" "Fiddler" and others.

Happy SUMMER!

3 comments:

Jackie B. said...

Secretly i am kind of interested in seeing "high school muscial". Just out of curiosity. :)

Amy said...

I love Newsies! I keep wanting to rent it for my kids, but I always pass it up. Maybe this weekend! High School Musical is a favorite around here too!

swampbaby said...

Newsies rocks! "Let's soak 'em for Crutchy!" My sisters would act that movie out all the time.