Friday, June 15, 2007

Late Dusk and After Dark take a trip to PHX

Yeah, I know. I'm pathetic. But since I didn't sleep so well last night (thanks Kyle, for the constant view of my clock) I thought up some other names for the rest of my family. (see post 06/14/07 if you're lost)
If I'm going to be Late Dusk, then Doug should be After Dark and the kids can be called
Almost Lunchtime, Close to Bedtime, Nearly Noon, Just After Breakfast, and of course, Late Night.



We're on a mission today for some couple sanity. This week has been (self-inflicted) crazy for Late Dusk, and so I'm looking forward to the afternoon and evening free of taxi driving.


We're heading "down to the valley" as us Prescottonians like to call it. Why? You ask, are we driving on purpose into what feels like a virtual oven? (It's supposed to be around 110 degrees there this afternoon) Well, I guess you learn to make heat-related sacrifices when it comes to getting an 8-hour date all scheduled up.

First Stop: The Mesa Temple

2nd Stop:
The coveted, the one and only, the "thank you for coming to Phoenix",
our own Gilbert, AZ edition of:

Third Stop:
To use that gift certificate we gave Doug (early) for Father's Day, where we could (quite possibly) spend close to three hours walking around looking at heaven knows what. I haven't been yet, but I guess I'm in for SOME kind of wonderful.


Final Stop:
For the drive home, we'll both be ready for a quick stop at

This is Late Dusk, signing out.

Hope you have a great day, no matter what time it is.

2 comments:

Jackie B. said...

OK, you are SO funny with the names. Very creative. Sounds like a wonderful day planned, except for the HEAT. We are currently 79 and i think it's totally hot. LOL. Been using the AC in the car.

Mary Beth said...

I can't wait to go to Cafe Rio. We're planning it as our first stop in Utah in August.