Yeah, I really miss that squishy, vinyl-ish 'melts when it gets too hot' cover that I liked to poke with a fine-tipped pen. I can still hear that distinct velcro growl RIGHT NOW, as I think about starting up a good 2nd Period English class with Mr. Hairgrove.
So, the reason why I thought of Trapper Keepers (and this is a stretch, but just go with me, for a sec...) was because I was looking for a good word that rhymed with Scrapper, and that's all that came to me. Then, to be quite honest, when I shortened it to scrap, I just only could think of one word that starts with C and ends with P. Simply because I'm SO BAD at scrapbooking. Seriously, other words that come to mind are: Pathetic, Lame, Despicable, and Loser. No time, No Patience, No Desire..... I do, however, admire those of you who can pull it off with such grace and finesse.

BUT - I did once upon a time discover Two Peas in a Bucket, and I'm sure you die-hards already know about them, but if you don't....BEWARE.... because their stuff is, uh.... adorable.
I stumbled upon their "free downloads" option, and started using them to make some digital 'for fun' scrapbook pages. You can download the paper, images, fonts, etc... and use Photoshop or other programs to make pages like this: (in about 3 minutes time)
I'll probably never get to making an entire book out of it, but it is a great distraction for when I should be doing something more important, and don't want to be.What's great is, if you've got more than one kid, you can use the same page, same EVERYTHING, and just switch the picture! 2 pages in the time it takes to make 1. What a deal.
Case in point:

So, scrap on ladies....scrap on. I will go on admiring your work, as usual.
And....if you run out of places to put it,
don't discount the functionality of one, The Trapper Keeper
for handy, "blast from the past"-type storage.


1 comment:
Cute pages, digital scrapbooking does look like something to get into.
Post a Comment