Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Deception

Today, while meandering the local grocery store, I happened upon the ice cream isle. And yeah - it's on sale. The Dreyers, even. I decided to go ahead and indulge, and buy one of the "slow-churned and 1/2 the fat" varieties of my favorite - cookie dough. I remebered, upon putting it in my cart, that usually they skimp on the cookie dough in the lower-fat versions, and at that VERY moment, I happened to catch, out of the corner of my eye, the "Loaded" variety.
Now, that HAD to taste better, but no doubt, would be equally "Loaded" with fat and calories.
I decided to reassure myself that I was making the better choice , and decided to see just how bad my "Loaded" friend was. Wanna know the difference?

10 Calories
That's all!
You better believe I bought the blue one. Happy Ice Cream Day to me.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I am so going and buying the blue kind. Here we've been eating the 1/2-the-fat version, and it's never occurred to me to compare labels.

Although, we're not eating much ice cream lately with the whole Weight Watchers thing. Have you tried the Skinny Cows ice cream sandwiches? They're dang good and only 3 points!

Jackie B. said...

Good to know! i LOVE cookie dough ice cream!! What a good purchase!