Well, I don't know if they even HAD a trombone, but they DID have a xylophone, provided by yours truly - Bret S. Burch.
The Liberty Band ROCKED the house at the Prescott Christmas Parade last Saturday.
I was hesitant to even go, since it was Fri-GID: rain and hail - blowing from the side, wind, 36 degrees, rain and hail blowing from the side, overall freezing conditions, and did I mention the rain and hail were blowing from the side?
So, I decided my "overly-joyous despite the weather" son was worth the sacrifice, and we drug the kids up there bundled like little eskimos.
They were colossal troopers.
I guess I really wanted to go, because when his band came by, I totally started crying. He had been SO excited for SO long to strap that xylophone to his back, and pound out "We wish you a Merry Christmas" while he marched along. It was a. dor. able. 



2 comments:
I'm tearing up just reading about it!! How PROUD you must have been to see the fruits of his labor!
ROCK on Bret!
LOOK at the grin on his face!!! It must have been TOTALLY worth the cold ,etc. just to see that face. Way to go, Brett!! Way to support your kid, Brett's family!!!
Post a Comment