So, I guess I now have two notches in my proverbial Triathlon Belt.
Special Items of Interest:
- After only having slept about 4 hours the night before (Fever-laden-Kyle induced) and then upon parking, opening the door and feeling like I'd stepped into a refrigerator, taking my bike off the rack and finding my cursed front tire to be flat, I suddenly wondered what on EARTH I was doing.

- CO2 cartridges and guns, while intimidating, are actually very handy and problem-solving.
- My lil' popsicle toes were numb before it even started. I think the standing on the pool deck in the 50 degrees in my swimsuit in the rain had something to do with it.
- Do I have a circulation problem if I lose feeling in my feet after 2 miles on my bike?

- This after 14 miles, of course, made running a little difficult, especially since (previously unknown to me) the first mile and half were ALL UPHILL. I wanted to crawl in the storm drain I passed, and cry.

I finished, though. And in a decent enough time:
1 hour 41 minutes 30 seconds
1 hour 41 minutes 30 seconds
Funny, I had the same thought this time while I was running, that I did last time, "Who on EARTH thought this was a good idea? I'm SO never doing this again."
Ahhhh, well... I have a feeling that I'll ignore myself again. I'm already planning for the next one...this time in a REAL lake in Havasu.

We spent the rest of the afternoon with Doug's family in Phoenix making Christmas Candy Trains (yum).
Now THOSE are the carbs I'M talking about...
And then came home to this:

What a
perfectly
exhaustingly
lovely
day.


6 comments:
Wonder Woman WHO???? YOU are MY super HERO!!!
(even tho yer a little "touched") ~wink wink~
Great Job!! You are better then I.
Way to go! I am so proud of you!!!
Congratulation. That is a great accomplishment. You almost make me want to do a triathalon . .
Great Job! So proud! I'm saying better cold then hot, no?
Thanks for making the rest of us look like total unmotivated, unaccomplished SLACKERS! How rockin' are you?!?!?! Seriously, how do you find the time to do all the things you do??
Post a Comment