Sunday, January 11, 2009

the weekend, and stuff...

It's been a most fulfilling weekend. I love those kind.
(and I got to sleep in today! Thank you, kind husband, for allowing such.)

Saturday morning I got my behind handed to me in an old school
ward womens B-Ball game!
(you know, ward vs. ward with all the kids running around and the calling of your own fouls and so on)

Who knew they still did that? So fun. We had only one sub and needed oxygen, but we still won the game even if we weren't supposed to care about the score. (okay, but people like me always care about the score.)

Enjoying the so warm (42° ?) weather, we ventured out into the backyard for a picnic lunch. Our view of the hospital under construction is just...mmmmmm.....breathtaking. no?

Immediately following, I had a couple of photo shoots which were
oh, too much fun.

I'm having great fun scouring this town for unique locations.

Here are some (okay, a lot) of the bounties of the three hours...













This awesome senior beauty happened to bring along a shirt identical to the one I was wearing. So of course, we had to take a picture of that. I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm a little crazy.

Then as part of the town's "Cabin Fever Day," the kids and Doug went to the local planetarium for a free showing of their space exploration experience (or something to that effect) while Kyle and I made taquitos and salsa for an outing we went to that evening with some neighbors.

Today at ward conference, I was richly fed by ward and stake leaders. And, Kyle slept through Sacrament Meeting, proof that
miracles still happen.
After, we had some friends over for Thanksgiving Dinner (since I ran out of room in the freezer to house that other turkey I bought a couple months ago) and we did the DDR and the Wii and the root beer floats...tired everyone out for bed and hoping they'll all get up for school tomorrow.


Thanks weekend, see ya in another 5.

3 comments:

Annie Taylor said...

Wow, love your post and that everything is going great! Really makes me miss you! But very happy you guys are doing so well. Reminds me of the good old days in PV.Oh, by the way we officially sold our house!!!

Head Over Hills said...

Your pictures are amazing. You are so talented. We are due for family pics in a couple months. I'll be calling you. Oh, I got your link from Kristens blog, hope you don't mind that I checked it.

Jessica

Kristen said...

I will be calling you too, for family pics. I wish I was able to come play bball on Sat. I will try to make it this week...the game is a little early 8:00 a.m., maybe we should all go out for breakfast after!!! Kristen