Wednesday, June 10, 2009

going to school is SO last week...

yes, the backpacks have been hanging idle for a week now.
No contact has been made with them by anyone. Colonies of fungi are undoubtedly growing upon the remnants of half-eaten sandwiches, apples and oreos.
Doug and I enjoyed attending the celebrations of various kinds heralding the end of the year accomplishments of everyone.
Abby and friends partied at Joy School Graduation.
Somehow, amidst her bustling social calendar, she was able to survive a rigorous preschool schedule. She'd gladly start Kindergarten tomorrow if they'd let her.
Tate's class put on a jolly dramatic performance documenting various periods of American History.
He served well as the very entertaining storyteller of "The Tortoise and the Hare." I was pleased that after all our practice, he mustered enough volume to share the story with everyone.


Can you spot our fifth grade graduate in the picture below? Amidst a plethera of others, Bret tolerated this ceremony with such finesse. He's moving on to
middle school next year you see. (yikes!?!?)
It was fun watching him with his friends and accepting awards.

I ♥ my calling in scouts.
Last week we cooked sans utensils and there was great culinary (and almost-burn-the-church-down) fun to be had by all.
We made cinnamon biscuits on sticks from local trees

and yummy yellow cakes in zesty orange peel bowls.

I ended the week with a rained-out photo shoot with this lil' beauty.
The studio turned out to be just fine, wouldn't you agree?

The busy-ness hasn't changed much. The tennis and music camps, movie tickets, free lunches, photo sessions, and 10:00 pm sunsets are sufficiently keeping us hopping.

Love Love Love.... the Summer.

2 comments:

Grace said...

We can't wait for summer, not for another 2 weeks, Zach reminds me every day. Middle School here is for 5th and 6th graders. Then Jr. High is 7th & 8th, then High School. I thought it was weird at first, but now I like it. It slowly brakes them into new routine. Tyson loves being in a different school than his siblings, its SOO grown up. And I'm glad you love Cub Scouts. I am the Girls Camp director, and I'm not liking it so much. The Stake is in charge and they won't let me do anything fun, only boring certification; which has to be completed before camp - then what's the point of camp?? We had our fire safety and cooking last night. One of the girls is very lucky that I didn't kill her. Were we that annoying as Beehives? I really hope not.

Jackie B. said...

you keep so busy, i don't know how you do it. we really do need to get together. we live so close to each other and only see each other at the grocery store. ;)