Just when I think I might strangle my oldest child...
I agree to let him make dinner (his favorite thing. ever) and suddenly he's off.
I'm forbidden from nearing the vicinity of the kitchen and then...
I begin to smell chocolate, but assume it's just a side effect of my pending nervous breakdown.
Upon a quick meander into said vicinity to insure more direct supervision isn't required, I stumble upon these dainty lil' numbers.

He and Tate have been saving (hiding) some old (and I think it might be REALLY old) chocolate bark they found in the pantry. I guess the large flat of strawberries I brought home this morning, along with the leftover marshmallows from the pack meeting s'mores last night were finally enough to tempt them.
I guess that strangling is postponed, again. (for now)
And in case you don't have a BBQ (because you just moved and your moving truck(s) didn't have room for that last mop and vacuum, let alone a grilling device) but you still really want that "just grilled franks" taste...
You can simply borrow some briquets and a charcoal chimney from your loving neighbors, throw them (not the neighbors) in a stockpot, and slap down a cooling rack to achieve the same result.
Maybe for Father's Day a REAL grilling surface will find its way onto our patio.
But alas...for now:
1 PB & banana protein shake
14-ish loads of laundry
between 2-20 of those marshmallow-strawberry contraptions
60 minutes of SYTYCD results
and we'll have:
1 long (hard) day over.


1 comment:
Looks like girls night dessert should have been at your house tonight! We missed ya but it looks like you had a good time with the kidos. Hope the breakdown has thwarted. We would love to have your kids as playmates tomorrow if you need a break. Well, even if you don't. I will give you a call.
Post a Comment