Saturday, June 20, 2009

got bobber?

On this, the eve of the day of the father, we are enjoying its bounties a little early.
This manly combo (fishing licenses and new poles) has been on our dad's wish list for months now, since having moved to prime fishing country.
We loaded up the tackle box and headed down to a nearby park.
Lines were cast, crossed, cut, etc...
I found the whole process very relaxing, actually.
We all waited patiently for tugging action, but alas, nothing.

Maybe better luck next time.
I DID "catch" a shot of some local squirrels. They were pretty agreeable to stay so still.

Kyle enjoyed throwing rocks into the creek, watching them splash, screaming "aghhh! Not again!" And doing his rendition of the happy dance.



It was, after all...
a happy afternoon.

1 comment:

Katy said...

K... so this has nothing to do with your adorable pictures that I love and admire and I would totally email or call you personally, but I don't have the info to do so- I need your advise on a good brand of bike to buy and I know you might be 'in the know' about something like that. I need something that is great for the price... nothing too expensive (my other half isn't a lawyer for another month). I was driving away from the Stuart lunch today as you sat down... so I had to lamely and stalkerishly ask you here.
(katymcgee@gmail.com)