Saturday, November 04, 2006

The things we do for sleep.


I was lamenting my sleep deprivation to a very wise friend yesterday when she suggested having Kyle sleep in his carseat tonight. Why didn't I think of that? This is my fifth child and all, and I vaguely remember doing it once or twice before, but I think the my obvious lack of rest caused my brain to close that file drawer. Anyway...I did it. I put the carseat lengthwise in the rocking chair, and rocked him from the floor while he rested at an incline and didn't seem so miserable. The only problem was, he preferred rocking to um..... NOT rocking. So, in my attempt to keep him asleep and get some myself, what did I do? The same thing any other parent in search of even 20 minutes of real sleep would; I laid on the floor in his room with one hand on the rocking chair and the other under my head on the 'not-quite pillowtop' wood floor in Kyle's room. I must have dozed off though, and he must have been okay not rocking, since when I came to, he was slumbering away in nasal drainage heaven. Thanks Kim, for sharing. I have a feeling this isn't the first time I will benefit from your parental wisdom. Keep it comin.

No comments: