Saturday, November 18, 2006

Tina, I think I may have a phone for you...

So, I should have taken it as an omen when a few weeks ago, I got home from running (in the car) to a friend's house and saw my landline phone sitting on the back of my bumper! What a relief that it sat there nice and still while I drove 6 blocks away and back. Well, evidently cell phones are more inclined to need supervision while sitting on the bumper because tonight when I couldn't find my cell phone and remembered the last place I left it being on the bumper of Doug's truck, the memories of the previous experience suddenly came "I TRIED TO WARN YOU, YOU MORON!" flooding back. I actually left Elizabeth's keys on the bumper as well, so when he found them in the middle of the HIGHWAY about 2 miles away having been run over about 50 times I knew hope for the cell phone was lost. He came in after about 45 minutes of searching in the dark with his flashlight, said "well, I tried to call you, but for some reason I wasn't getting any reception on this:" and handed me the following components of what WAS my cell phone. What's funny is that I really WAS on the lookout for a phone for TINA because of THIS. So sorry Tina, I'll be needing a new phone of my own now. I'll letcha' know what I come up with.

1 comment:

kory and tina family said...

I'm sorry. I went almost a week without a phone and thought I wasn't going to survive. It was very pathetic. I didn't think I used it very much but boy was I wrong.

Annie gave me Bretts old phone which is working O.K When I took the phone into Alltel the lady took the back of the phone off to check the battery and the clip broke. She didn't have another one and wouldn't give me a new phone, though technically she broke it.

So now the back of the phone is constantly falling off therefore allowing the battery to slip out. I asume I have a working cel phone in the bottom of my diaper bag until I discover it in 3 pieces.

So please let me know if you find a good deal out there somewhere.