Friday, January 26, 2007

A ROUND (you know the one) of applause...

I have fond memories as a child, going to my brothers' pack meetings. For whatever reason, the silly cheers, carefree atmosphere, and (of course) REFRESHMENTS at the end were just so invigoratingly exciting. So, now that Bret's a full-fledged cub scout, we're subjecting our children to the same. We had one last night, which was just like I always remembered them. The girls sat on the floor, sliding around, making faces and being obnoxious, and the boys sat on the front row in their cute uniforms snickering and being 8-10 year old boys. Bret got a few beads, so I documented it. After recently making an "Eagle Scout Court of Honor" video for a friend's son, I realized the importance of documenting all the lil' steps along the way. I love WHAT HE DID with his thumbs. I'd like to think I taught him that. I do it all the time. This way, we'll have plenty of pics for his video one day. C'mon everyone - let's give him one of those BIG ROUNDS of applause.

2 comments:

Netty said...

Way to go, Brett!!! Here's a round of applause from the Websters!

a
e p
s p
u l
a

swampbaby said...

So cute! I can't wait for my boys to be in Cub Scouts. I'm actually the den leader in our ward (for the last 1 1/2 years)and it is a lot of fun. I'm glad I'm getting this introduction first, because Scouting is an entire world of its own! Thanks for the tip to document everything.