Wednesday, January 31, 2007

WWF on Ice

I see now, after having gone to only two local hockey games, why there's such an attraction to the sport. It is QUITE intense, fast-paced, and brutal all at the same time. It also brings back fond memories of playing roller-hockey in the cul-de-sac of our street with my siblings. Usually when I played with Lance, we ended up fighting with each other before it was over. That is no different on this level. After only about 2 minutes into the first period, two of the players threw off their gloves and masks and started punching each other. The refs didn't even attempt to stop them until they went down to the ground. The guy on our team 'won' the impromptu brawl, so I guess that's why everyone was cheering. I found it disturbing, but oddly entertaining. I guess you go 75% for the sport of the game, and the other 25% for the food, drinks and off-chance that guys in padded suits will start throwing blows at each other. Either that, or the chance that you'll win one of THREE free t-shirts that the mascot shoots into the crowd. All we're trying to determine now is... when we're going next.

Also, the kids had a GREAT time. Even Abby endured all 2.5 hours of it with only 3 or 4 awkward "excuse me while my 3 year-old and I trip over you to get to the aisle" moments. Tate and Whitney made it to the big screen dancing to YMCA. That was exhilirating for them. Tate, upon discovering himself on the giant screen, instead of shying away, simply added just a lil' extra bounce in his booty-shakin. It was great.

No comments: