Friday, May 04, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

It's the first of my perpetual 29th birthdays.
I've vowed to make the most of my last "twenty-something" year.
Congrats to Doug for not forgetting about it this year. I really appreciate that.

WHAT a day. A Preschool Mommy's Brunch, then out to lunch with friends, a birthday party for (the other May Burch B-day) Bret, a short nap, and a fun night out to dinner and shopping with Doug. Whew! my aging body is done for today.

I thought I'd post these two pictures, just to show the comical/drastic contrast.
The first, the month before we got married, without a care in the world.
The second one, you already saw, from our recent cruise, 10 years and six months later.
ahhhhh, and to think there was a day when
we didn't have to suck in our middle sections for such a picture.

BYU Homecoming (October, 1996)


Cruisin' in the Caribbean (April, 2007)

I think we're aging gracefully though, don't you?

I suppose I'll post another one in another 10 years or so.

2 comments:

Jackie B. said...

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY!!! You were so good to email me (monday), and then i forgot to email you yesterday. Sounds like you had a good day.

Tori :) said...

Happy Birthday! Cute pics. :)