If this doesn't adequately illustrate JUST how different Bret and Tate are in their thinking, I don't know what EVER would.
Setting: Kerri, Bret and Tate picking weeds in the front yard. Having told them they would receive $0.05 for every weed they picked, they were eager to get started, and did so.
Light Bulb Moment for a Mother who no longer wonders if children come preset with their own set of priorities:
While strolling along and still picking...
Bret says, "Mom, when exactly will we get paid for the weeds? I'm counting by fives as I throw them in the bucket."
Tate then pipes up in his squeaky-ish voice, "Yeah, cause Bret I'm going to add this money to the money I've already saved up to buy you a birthday present."

I, of course, had no response or reaction whatsoever except to offer an extended stare at the one who asked the FIRST question, thinking, of course, he'd make some gesture of "awwwww thanks little brother" to the patron saint.
In contrast, however, the said elder boy went on counting dilligently by fives without really even noticing anyone else had uttered a word.
I suppose Heavenly Father gave them to each other for a reason. (Or, so that Tate could provide financially for Bret his whole life.)
Garsh, I love those boys...
and speaking of such people, here's my littlest one:

While I'd like to think he's much too innocent still at this age, if he's anything like his oldest brother, he's no doubt pondering which angle he'll work on Tate to get his corner of the weed picking cash stash.


1 comment:
Hilarious! It's interesting to see the differences and the similarities in siblings. Especially once we get older.
Post a Comment