As many (but not all) of you know, for the past 4 months I have been training for something the likes of which, my "29 year-old, birthed 5 babies in 8 years and never lost much of the weight" body has never before seen.
a Reverse Sprint Triathlon

Prior to 4 months ago, I wouldn't have even known what those three words together in that order meant. However, now they hold more meaning than ever before, and I can sum it up in an equal three words:
COMPLETE SHEER TERROR
Yeah, that about covers it.
The triathlon is in Anthem, AZ (which might as well be Phoenix)
and it's in two weeks at 5:00 PM.
Three words come to mind yet again:
HEAT STROKE EXHAUSTION

Today, we (me and a couple of friends who I agreed to do it with in some slip of lucidity 4 months ago)
did our second triple combination run-through.
(essentially that means that we did exactly what we'll have to do on the day of the race, at the same time that we'll do it then)
The only problem is, we're still in monsoon season and it cooled off this afternoon, just after we started to about 89 degrees.
We drove through Anthem last Friday at 6:00 PM and it was still 108.

Hence, my new goal is to finish anywhere else but the back of an ambulance.
We DID finish just fine tonight, though. So theoritically is IS possible. The heat though...that's going to complicate things.
I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, we're all praying for a SIGNIFICANT
Phoenix Cooling Trend.


3 comments:
That sounds way cool, and I know others in AZ are hoping for a break in the heat along with you. Best of Luck!!
Girlfriend, is there anything that you don't do? You really are amazing! You go girl!
Good luck! I think that's awesome! My sister has done 2 triathalons in the last couple of months and Duane is training for his 5th marathon in October. I thought about doing it with him last year for all of about 5 minutes, then realized that I HATE running! I would like to say that I've done something cool like that though....maybe next year!
Post a Comment