Saturday, August 04, 2007

on brain melting...

No, TREK did not kill me. I am very well and good.

The aftermath DID cause me severe anxiety though.

The TREK was great, pics to come, or go here and view a sampling of the over 2000 pics Kim and I collectively took. (password: carryon)

The week immediately following TREK was consumed (EVERY HOUR) with editing pics and eventually constructing the 1 hour 10 minute stake video. I'd upload it, but it took SEVEN hours to render, I don't think Google's going to host it. If you want one, I can get you one. Cost plus shipping only. My favorite line from one of my children during the craziness of that week: Bret said "Mom, I had a dream last night - that you finished the video!" Well, we DID finish it, with about 10 hours to spare before the fireside. whew.

THEN, on literally 3 hours of sleep from the previous 4 days, we left at 3:00 AM the morning after the fireside for PHX to fly with our gaggle to UT and drive to ID for a family reunion. We had a great time in Island Park, Yellowstone, SLC, etc. We returned this afternoon, and I think I will now sleep for 3 weeks.

The kids start school on Monday (FOUR of them). 3 Elem, 1 P.S., and then I'll start putting my brain and life back together.

PICS to come, I promise. Gotta find the camera, amidst the wrinkled piles of clothing and electronics on my bed.

1 comment:

Jackie B. said...

WOW! I can't believe how busy you are. Amazing! I wished we could have seen eachother. I live an hour from Island Park. Oh well. Another time. Can't wait to see pictures! Get some rest!