Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Techno for Toddlers...


K, so how old is Dora the Exlorer anyway? I figure her show is aimed at entertaining the toddlers and preschoolers age, oh... idunno, 2 to 4 or 5? Okay. So is Dora much older or should we assume she's about the same age? Giving her the benefit of the doubt and suggesting that she were even like 6 or 7, I still thought it was strange when I overheard some dialogue on a recent episode. Dora's out with Boots (imagine that.) and she gets a call on her cell phone from her dad to let her know that her mom's having a baby and she needs to get home right away. I can relate to making sure the father's got a cell just in case he needs to get home for emergencies, but never heard of giving a phone to a 5 year old while she's off galavanting with her monkey friend on an adventure, just in case that on the off-chance while they're filming her exploration, her mom should go into labor and deliver twins. I love how flawless fantasy-land can be. Whitney wants to know if the cell phone she plays with will EVER be activated.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Funny how things have changed for kids. Kaylee's list for Christmas includes a cell phone, an ipod, and a computer. And she's only 5! Whatever happened to a Barbie Doll!