Our first Twin Falls Christmas was indeed very Idaho.
Regardless of the fact that they haven't seen this much snow here in ten years...
we soaked it all in
to our boots, socks, hats, gloves, etc...
Regardless of the fact that they haven't seen this much snow here in ten years...
we soaked it all in
to our boots, socks, hats, gloves, etc...

It was great fun to have Grandma here this year, as well as Brian and Bobbie on Christmas Eve. In a couple short hours with them we managed to
devour the Cafe Rio salad,
trim Mom's hair,
talk photography
and open a present or two.
We try to be efficient.
devour the Cafe Rio salad,
trim Mom's hair,
talk photography
and open a present or two.
We try to be efficient.

Brian brought a new (used) lens (!!) which was for me from Doug, even if Doug didn't know about it at the time. ;-) Husbands such as mine are so grateful they don't have to mess with Christmas shopping.
We participated in the traditional theatrical nativity production, with costume design, direction and narration all provided by Bret and Tate.
After waking (!?!?) our children on Christmas morning, we enjoyed watching the kids open presents while grounding cereal and candy canes into the carpet.
Then, inevitable...they bundled up for some snow fun.
The boys and Doug made a snow fort/barricade which was used in the ensuingfather-initiated snowball fight.

It ended just as I predicted it would; Children with snow in their faces, crying.
It didn't, however, stop them all from going back and doing it again. It ended the same way the second time.
It was all soon remedied when I provided them all withhomemade hot chocolate.
And let me just say....this is the best hot chocolate ever.






4 comments:
Love it! Your kids are sooooo Lenhof! Did I spell that right? I love to see your mom! She still looks the same! Love her. Glad to reconnect with you guys again! Love your house full of children! Wonderful! Your dad would be so proud.....or he IS proud! You did good!
Your Christmas week sounds wonderful! I seriously can not believe all the snow this year. It's great...when it's plowed off the roads. :) We need to get together now that we are back from CA.
You are great! I love the labeled pic, sounds very familiar!
Looks like a fun, cold, white Christmas! I wish we had snow like that here...as long as it's gone by noon!
Post a Comment