A while back, when it was the cool thing to do...
I went to see a movie that I didn't know anything about.
(now, put your gun away and resist the urge to shoot me)
I never did read the book
(despite having bought it AND considered doing such).
(despite having bought it AND considered doing such).
I was (to be sure) in the minority.
All good sense said to read it, especially since:
1.) everyone on the good green earth was raving about it
2.) the blessed author was from my own state
3.) and shared my religion...
4.) I had all kinds of free time back then before we packed up and moved our family 3 states away.
4.) I had all kinds of free time back then before we packed up and moved our family 3 states away.
Well, I still never read it, but I DID see the movie because, well...like I said, it was the really cool thing to do.
It was 120 minutes of confusion, yes.
But I DID remember having the thought during
Mr. Vampire's cold-fingered piano solo
that it was, indeed, a beautiful song and that I should seek it out when this whole ordeal of watching the movie was over.
But I DID remember having the thought during
Mr. Vampire's cold-fingered piano solo
that it was, indeed, a beautiful song and that I should seek it out when this whole ordeal of watching the movie was over.
I had forgotten about it until today (I know, shocking that my lightening sharp memory failed me this one time) at a blinking stoplight by the grain silo. (or maybe it was a potato silo?)
Nevertheless, I did some web surfin' this afternoon and spent the rest of the day
tinkering on my ivories to learn it.
While a little somber, it's really quite enjoyable, and fairly easy to pick up.
I may not understand blood-sucking, but can sniff out a good piano solo now and then.
as an aside... and with all due respect to the most-talented author, I did enjoy the story/movie. It was fun to be with new friends and laugh at typical high school students being dorky. I guess I may have to read the second one now, if I want to know what could possibly happen to the vampire's girlfriend. What was her name again?


12 comments:
I wish I could play the piano! I too saw the movie before reading the books and enjoyed them...I am not patient, I needed to know what happened. I took Adam to the movie, he liked it, but felt a little strange watching it with all these teen girls screaming and swooning throughout the movie.
Hey, I haven't even seen the movie yet!?
I can't find where I put your new address. Would you please email it to me
gallacher_family@lycos.com
Thanks,
chris
I'm the opposite. I read all the books...I'm kind of an addictive reader. But when the movie was in the theater at midnight, and all my friends and half the relief society couldn't miss it, I didn't go. I will probably see it when it comes to Redbox.
I haven't read the books either. I have them all on my bookshelf, I just can't seem to get into them. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't read them and was mystified by all the "Twilight" madness!
Hey can I find the song on iTunes?
Yes, you can find the song on itunes or anywhere else. It's called "River Flows in You" by Yurima. Enjoy!
I read it about a month ago, out of pure curiosity, and I can say with a fair certainty that when I was finished, I was dumber.
The aforementioned movie was a short topic at the beginning of one our early morning meetings....the Thompsons saw it and Scott T said ( with a very puzzled look on his face)that the best he could describe it was that there was A LOT of staring in it. Yeah, I gotta put THAT in my netflix que! Not. But hey, there are actually some people who didn't like Marley & Me. Can you believe it??
I am in the last book. I have to say that its so full of CRAZY stuff. I luckily haven't sat and read it all. I've been listening to it on a MP3 player...Way to go when your a busy mom! Lets just say my house is really clean.
Kristen
I'm in the last book...CRAZY STUFF!
I listened to it on a MP3 player...good idea if you just don't have time. I'm glad I haven't wasted time reading. Its a pretty interesting book. You got to finish it! Then let me know what you think??? Kristen
I love the books. But not the movie. :) Miss you guys!!!
Oh! so many things I could say in response to this post. But, I will just stick with this. If you liked the piano music so much, you might actually enjoy reading the book where it talks more about the significance/meaning of the song.
Post a Comment