Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Crash...Boom...Blizzard.


I came home from the orthodontist (yeah, time to bust open the piggy bank for THAT one), went to check my email only to find my trusty computer in DOS text saying, "Ctrl85Xbwitsw892 missing. Press Ctrl, Alt, Del to restart."

Yeah. That's never a good sign.


My hard drive crashed, which is kind of like my worst nightmare.

I took it to my friends at The PC Works! and wondered at that point, if it was appropriate to pray for electronics to be revived and that the right remedy will keep it healthy and strong.

On the way home, I participated in a little emotional eating and gave in to this:


I am quite certain that it immediately and efficiently cancelled out every bit of the 14 miles I rode on my bike that morning.


In between Dance and a baptism, I got a call from the sainted techinician, who told me he patched up my computer and it was all ready to pick up. sigh............................ of relief.

I'm going to get it right now. This has been a long 16 hours of separation. And - the kids' computer down here is really just GROSS. Who's watching the kids who use this computer anyway?

3 comments:

Shelley Reid said...

I look at it this way . . . you rode your bike this morning so that you could have a blizzard if that is the way your day turned out.

Jackie B. said...

Oh man! I hate computer problems. I am so glad they were able to fix it. I hope you are backing up your info on some discs or something. :)

Mary Beth said...

shoot! I think I'll go back up my pictures now.