Triathlon O-V-E-R.
It was great fun, although A LOT harder than I thought it would be. I was hoping the altitude advantage I had would have cancelled out the heat disadvantage, but I didn't so much notice that happening.
It was MUCH "less-hot" than it would have been, had it not been for the heaven-sent storm that provided a beautiful cloud cover and breeze. It dropped from about 105 to about 95 in about an hour's time, prior to the start of the race.

Challenges I wasn't prepared for:
- The whole last mile of the 3.1 run being pretty much entirely uphill.
- The SERIOUS cramp I got at the 2 mile-mark that almost did me in.
- My bike's gears malfunctioning and having to hold the shifter in place the whole last 7 miles.
- oh...and my chain falling off at about 12 miles.
- Swimming on top of, underneath, and between 300 other people.
- Being kicked in the face, legs, stomach and CHEST by said 300 people.
- Laughing while swimming because it was such lunacy attempting any kind of stroke.

Finishing was wonderful.
My time: 1:37:09
8th in my age group, 145th overall (woo-hoo?!?)
official results here

So, who's joining me for the next one?



8 comments:
I am SO proud of you! 3 cheers for you...hip hip HURAHHH hip hip HURAHH HIP HIP HURAHHHHHHH. Standing ovation from my computer!
You're amazing, Kerri! I need a nap after *reading* that!
I'm totally impressed!
You are my inspiration! I am so proud of you, that was an amazing goal to accomplish.
Good job, Kerri! You totally rock!
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! That is a great accomplishment! I'd say i'd join you, but then i don't want to let you down by not preparing (or not showing up). LOL. But maybe i need some sort of motivation like that. Though traveling cost could be tricky with our move and everthing.
Hi Kerri,
This is Tanya (Sweeney) Jorgenson. In a very round about sort of way I found your blog. I hope you don't mind me looking at it. It is so fun to see pictures of your cute family. I can't believe you have 5 kids. I got a late start to the whole married/kids thing so Heavenly Father blessed me with twins this year to try to catch up with everyone else =) I have Taylor, almost 3 and 8 month old twins Andy and Ashlyn. I am new to this whole blog thing but here it is if you are interested jorgensonclan.blogspot.com. It looks like you are doing great and I would love to catch up sometime.
You so Totally Rock!!
Post a Comment