Thursday, September 13, 2007

A REAL AZ-ish blizzard.

A week ago today, we had a freakish monsoonal storm blow through. Usually they last about 15 minutes, if we're lucky. Well, this one - it lasted about an hour. These pics are all taken from our back deck of the three houses behind ours.
What I used to call the "riverlet" was flowing
much more rapid-like in style.
They closed 4 streets near our house because they were flooded, and Doug's city drainage inspector friend called it one of the top 3 flood events in Prescott Valley! And he's been here since 1983.

It's nice though, by the end of the day. This is what the sky does to make up for it all.



I guess we're going to finish out the monsoon season with a bang this year.

1 comment:

Jackie B. said...

WOW! That is amazing! I love rain, but that's is alot of water!